I have worked as a designer, producer, art director and a creative leader in the creative and digital arena for over 18 years as part of top UK-based agencies.
Here you will find work that I have designed & produced personally, as well as projects that I have art directed and conceptualised. Working in multi-disciplined and specialist agencies alike I have experience across the gamut of branding, design & marketing disciplines.
Currently I work for Upp B2B as the Creative Director of an award-winning, full-service, branding, design, marketing and advertising team.
I direct all creative aspects of Upp‚Äôs work including design, creative, motion, branding and user experience ‚Äì and everything else in-between.
As the creative leader of strong, multi-disciplined creative and development departments this role encompasses team & line management, operations, creative direction, strategy, art direction, process and I am still keen on getting my hands dirty now and again.
I have been lucky enough to work for various top-100 UK creative agencies such as TBWA\, BDH and Tequila and have produced work for some well known clients. I have built and managed great creative teams along the way and look forward to doing so again and again.
My formal training and study revolved around graphic design through many undergraduate levels culminating in a BA (HONS) in Graphic Arts under the direct tutelage of David Crow. But, soon after my commercial career began I was given an opportunity which was to ultimately define an 11 year specialism in digital, interactive, new media... it has been called a lot over the past decade or so.
At the end of this 11 year journey I made an intentional decision to jump out of my comfy-ness, re-broaden my focus and rediscover the physical realm.
Since then I have been driving and producing work across the gamut of design applications and leading successful creative teams in this broader capacity. I also Lecture at the University of Leeds - teaching Graphic Design students how to become interactive designers through AI, IxD and UI. So, I am still a digerati at heart, but creating the physical side of the coin makes me a happy guy.
Specialties: Creative direction, design, concepts, branding, management, typography, semiotics, interface and interactive design, motion graphics, User Experience, information architecture, accessibility, B2C, B2B
Creative direction, design, creative concepts & idea generation, brand development, multi-channel project and campaign development, creative strategy, line management, process, creativity, typography, semiotics, interface design, e-commerce, e-CRM, user experience, information architecture, accessibility, social media, 3D, motion graphics, data visualistion, B2C, B2B.
- 2017 Muse Creative Awards: Rose Gold Trade Show / Exhibition - CHEP, This is not a palette exhibition stand
- 2017 Muse Creative Awards: Platinum Company Branding - Unibox visual identity
- 2017 Muse Creative Awards: Platinum Best B2B Website - Unibox user experience and interface
- 2017 Muse Creative Awards: Rose Gold Best B2B Website - Science Warehouse user experience and interface
- 2017 Vega Digital Awards: Arcturus Best in Manufacturing Sector - www.unibox.co.uk
- 2017 Vega Digital Awards: Arcturus Best User Interface - www.unibox.co.uk
- 2015 Summit MEA Creative Awards: Illustration Silver - Scopus 10 event
- 2015 Hermes Creative Awards: Platunim Award for Best Informational Campaign - Scopus 10 event
- 2013 Summit MEA Creative Awards: Self Promotion Silver - B2B Zeitgeist
- 2013 Summit MEA Creative Awards: Art Direction/Graphic Design Gold - B2B Zeitgeist
- 2013 Summit MEA Creative Awards: Self Promotion Silver - Content Marketing Cookbook
- 2013 Summit MEA Creative Awards: Art Direction/Graphic Design Silver - Content Marketing Cookbook
- 2012 Chip Shop Awards - Winner of Best Reject category
- 2012 Chip Shop Awards - Winner of Best Reject category and winner of Best use of Regional Dialect category
- 2012 Summit MEA Creative Awards: Industry Promotion Best in Category - B2B Zeitgeist
- 2011 B2B Marketing Awards Shortlist as Art Director - Parasol: Recruiting the Recruiters
- 2009-2011 Multiple Webby Award Honours
- 2009 Roses award for best website as Art Director ‚Äì ghd global brand website www.ghdhair.com
- 2009 Big Chip Awards nominee under best website as Art Director
- 2009 Cannes Awards nominee under best website as Art Director
- 2009 IPA effectiveness nominee under best e-commerce website as Art Director
- Multiple website reviews in Web Designer Magazine
- Multiple appearances in The Drum Advertising Magazine
Skills & abilities
- Layout, typography, hierarchy, semiotics, form, grid systems e.t.c
- Psychologies of interaction, UX, IxD, Visual & Interface Design, IA and the effectiveness of simplicity and creativity
- Brand thinking, creative concepts, development and strategy
- Creative & art direction, team leading, creative briefing, creative facilitation and line management
- Print design and printing techniques
- 3D, video editing and motion graphics
- All major computer platforms and standard, ubiquitous software packages
- Contemporary online/interactive technologies, techniques, practices, standards and methodologies
- Experience across the full gamut of design, advertising & marketing
Past clients & Brands
AKZO Nobel, ghd, RAC, MBNA, Financial Times, DHL, Umbro, Royal Bank of Scotland, BP, Bupa, Brother UK & Europe, DHL, Virgin Trains, The Co-operative, EA Games, Elsevier, OTTO Group, Airwave, Amec, Colt, Natwest, Michelin, Morrisons, NetNames, Nissan, Barclaycard, Redrow Homes, CITI Financial Europe, Manchester Airport, Mitel, Chicago Town Pizza, Pataks, Imperial Leather, Original Source, Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Look Again, Solvite, UniBond Loctite, Pritt, Money Expert, TalkTalk, Westland, Batiste, Wickes, Shell, Tizer, ATS, Crown, Focus DIY, Hoover, LG, Morphy Richards, Warburtons, EEF.
Get in touch
To get in touch please visit my LinkedIn profile